The capital’s green spaces can offer environmental, physical, mental, social and economic benefits for Londoners, but due to cuts in local authority budgets, however, the quality and accessibility of our green spaces, and their associated benefits, not to mention their very existence are now at risk.
The Committee aims to influence the Mayor’s upcoming Environment Strategy and other relevant policies and programmes through this investigation.
Topics for consideration include;
- Best practice models of green space governance and management
- The benefits of green space and natural capital
- Promoting green infrastructure thinking across London
- The barriers to improving green space
- Ways of encouraging multifunctional use of green space (currently used and un-used), such as the installation of Sustainable Drainage Systems
Submissions should aim to address the areas outlined above, and any other issues that may be important for the investigation to cover.
To contribute, please send submissions by 9 December 2016 using the details here.