Our local champions make a huge contribution to Redbridge and residents can nominate people they know who have made a major difference to the Borough. This could include people who carry out important community work, improve the local environment or help neighbours.
The awards ceremony will be held on Wednesday 16 March 2016 at a special event in Redbridge Town Hall, Ilford.
The award categories are as follows:
- Neighbourhood / Community champion for bringing together a group of local people in an activity or event that has benefited the local area or those residents that have taken part
- Caring for others in Redbridge for devoting time and effort to caring for relatives, friends or members of the local community
- Creating a safer Redbridge for significantly making our community safer
- Making a greener Redbridge for dedicating time to protecting the local environment or making a significant contribution to making the Borough a greener place to live
- Contribution in support of young people for showing leadership skills to the Borough’s children and young people – this must be in a voluntary capacity and not paid work
- Best business contribution to the community A business which has given something back to the local community
- The Young Citizen Award - sponsored by the Ilford Recorder and the Redbridge Rotary Club
For more information and to nominate, go to www.redbridge.gov.uk/mayorsawards
A panel of Councillors, officers and people from the local community will meet to shortlist the nominations and then select winners in the different award categories.