Redbridge is something of an engine for the development of new small businesses in London. Research commissioned by the Redbridge Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Redbridge Council has highlighted that the Borough has more new small businesses being created than anywhere else in the Capital. The research also showed that there was a need for much better signposting to the support that is available for new start ups and this has now started to happen.Other key points from his talk were:
- There is a new enterprise hub to be based in Central Ilford and run by Vision, a stand alone part of the Council;
- Sophia Hubs provides creative help for community and third sector businesses
- Redbridge Chamber has a special free membership offer for all new businesses that wish to join.
- Local people like to have a vibrant local economy! [Ed: This is a key element of Agenda 21]
- Parking provision is key, [Ed: True, although we might disagree on strategy]
- Local businesses need affordable office space and a range of units into which growing businesses might expand
- Crossrail could easily take business out of the area as well as attract it