Friday, January 31, 2014

New Fly-Tipping technique hits #Redbridge streets

I was initially Lost for Words, Speechless, Struck Dumb with Incredulity. A testimony to the stupidity of the Human Species …

At about 5pm today a neighbour knocked on my door. “Have you got any sway with the council” she asked. Someone had fly-tipped a load of builders waste in the middle of the road, on a bend, in the dark and the rain. Redbridge council were not answering the phone. Cllr Moth was on answerphone. No reply from Cllr Candy. Didn’t bother with Cllr Hayes, he’s at work. Tried Cllr Weinberg, answerphone. I couldn’t actually see it from where I live so went to have a look with my mobile phone in hand as I was prepared to telephone the Police to report a dangerous obstruction on the highway. In the end my neighbout and I moved it onto the footway and notified the resident whose house it was now outside what we had done, explaining that I had taken photographs of it in the middle of the road and would report it as soon as I got back home via the council website.



This stuff did not fall off the back of a lorry or out of the back of a van. It was, as you can see, placed there, neatly and deliberately in the middle of the fricking road. Can you believe it? What sort of mindless, selfish, inconsiderate idiot would do that?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my days!! Redbridge streets are becoming dumping grounds these days. Reported something last week but not as bad as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't surprise me I am afraid.I have just had to report another load of fly tipped rubbish in my ward. The Council will clear it but it will be back in 2 days time. That was not only an eyesore but dangerous. Until some of them get caught and prosecuted then it will only get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is for offences like this that the culprits. when caught and convicted, ought to spend two or three days locked in the stocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 0800 183 1567 ask for bob, this was the number I used to use for getting neighbours front gardens cleared (council tenants only) might still be in use....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly B21, it's a new Redbridge Council Art Installation.... how could you not see that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may not be wrong. It could be their latest leisure scheme - all useless rubbish.

      Delete
    2. I have news for you two, and Alfred. Stand by ...

      Delete