Friday, June 07, 2013

Local Tories – Stuck in the Mud

Like many of the local residents here in Redbridge I have received through my letter box a political leaflet on behalf of the local conservatives. Ordinarily this is not something of great importance but there was something about this one that caught my eye. The obverse (front) page is ward specific and the reverse (back) page looks as though it is borough generic. It is this piece that interested me.


The photograph in the foreground, of the green waste bag, was taken by me outside my next door neighbours' house and was published on this blog on 9th Novemeber 2009 under a Creative Commons Licence which requires attribution. Now, I’m not at all sure that I would want my name or that of Barkingside 21 appearing in a conservative party leaflet and had they asked I would have probably waived that condition on the grounds that at least someone at Seven Ways Parade is paying attention and reading this blog. But that’s not all ….

Take a close look at the photograph above it. Do you spot anything interesting? Look at the wheels of the refuse truck. Do you see anything odd? Yes, that’s right the wheels are sunk into mud. This is a photograph of a Redbridge Refuse Truck that was stuck in mud up in Hainault for 5 hours back in December 2010. The original uncropped photograph is ©Archant so I can’t reproduce it here but you can see it in its full glory complete with write up over on the Ilford Recorder website here.

8 comments:

  1. O dastardly Tories, blowing their own trumpet with other people's photos!

    It reminds me that some years ago Redbridge Libraries published a Welcome-to-the-libraries leaflet with a photo of a member of staff on the cover. She objected to her photo being used without her permisssion and refused to allow it. So all the leaflets - worth about £10,000 if I recall correctly - had to go in the bin!

    Too late for the bin on this occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my child ( then aged about 13 or 14 ) came home from school with a booklet
    with her photo in it! No permission was sought before or after from parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tchhhh- same old plagarism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they would plagiarise some decent policies

      Delete
  4. Goodness, Alan, and there was I blithely believeing that you were in favour of recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should know what I'm like with photos by now ....
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get it - did you doctor the photo? Was the guy on the left having a laugh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither, It's what happens when you print a critique of your opponent on the reverse of your leaflet and someone holds it up the wrong way.
      Thing is the photo was published on a Tory blog and nobody noticed until I pointed it out, when it was removed sharpish.

      Delete