Thursday, December 06, 2012

Nice Move in Roding Ward

One of the things I am conscious of is that I often forget to follow up previous posts with the outcome, unless someone or something reminds me. This is one such.

Back in July I posted about a strategically placed litter bin at a bus stop in George Lane such that it obstructed passengers, and particularly those with wheelchairs or buggies, from getting off the bus.

So, while on my way to Buckhurst Hill on Tuesday I noticed that it has been moved. This is the evidence of where it was …


… and this is where it is now.


Thanks to Cllrs Bond and Nolan who pursued this issue.

8 comments:

  1. So nothing to do with the frequency of changes of cabinet member then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can safely assume that this was done while Mrs Nolan was the relevant Cabinet member ...?

      Delete
    2. Sure - but there have been two different people appointed in the two weeks since she resigned. Bizarre.

      Delete
    3. Sometimes, when you bring on a central defender to replace an injured nippy forward, you have to change the formation ...

      Delete
    4. Careful, Weggis - you could be Chelsea's next manager (you know - they change every few weeks).

      Delete
    5. I know... I've had to put Roman on my phone and email blacklist!

      Delete
  2. And, I notice the traditional black bag full of litter abandonned next to the litter bin provided next to a bus stop.
    No idea if the timber was dumped there too or just left temporarily, that is more unusual.
    annesevant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not timber, Anne. Some sort of cardboard packaging.

      Delete