Thursday, December 15, 2011

Every Lid’ll Help


Last week the wind blew the lid off one of my recycling boxes and into the carriageway whereupon it was run over by a passing vehicle and shattered into several pieces. Grrrr! So I’ve had to keep the box in the garage to prevent the paper and cardboard from being soaked by rain.

Today I telephoned Redbridge Council, not being optimistic that I could request a new lid and only the lid. To my amazement and joy we can. My new lid is on it’s way.

I have also reported a defective street lamp, noticed on my way home from the pub last night, via the Report It section on the award winning Redbridge-i. While the new beta version is a complete pain in the a*** the functionality of this bit remains great and Redbridge Council are really good at responding to reported issues.

It’s little things like this that make a difference.

Happy Christmas Redbridge Council.

6 comments:

  1. I think our council is great. We have reported defective street lights and dog fouling and they have always been sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just used a superb app on http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/Map/ReportIt.aspx?type=1031 to report two faulty street lamps. When will @RedbridgeLive fix them? The countdown starts

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and my street lamp is now working. That's two working days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised that you were able to see a lamp post after leaving the pub
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. What makes you think I saw it, in the dark, as opposed to bump into it?
    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete