Thursday, February 04, 2010

My Valentine

Has to be Mother Nature. She’s tough and unforgiving but fair. I like those qualities. She gives us the things we need to survive without charge. Take a look around you. It never ceases to amaze me, especially at this time of year when the bulbs are beginning to burst through the soil and the birds are snapping at my nuts and fat balls. She provides the web of life upon which we all depend. What we do to her we do to ourselves. We abuse her at our peril. For she will, without a second thought or shedding a single tear, discard us like those she has discarded before. A tough Mistress needs to be loved and managed, wisely.

Who is yours? Answers in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. Since Mother Nature has already been chosen, I rush and claim the Sun!
    annesevant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is that Anne? Are you on page 3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...asks Old Father Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Valentine?

    Has to be my husband, the best chap in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentines??????

    all this mawkish sentimentalty...

    pull yourselves together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Ray - just 'cos you aint got one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. rays valentine is the mirror!

    ReplyDelete