Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hainault Wildlife Garden

a wildlife garden Volunteer Needed

The Nature Conservation Team are in the process of creating a wildlife garden over at Hainault Forest Country Park. They hope to create a garden that is both beautiful and beneficial to wildlife using no chemicals and, where possible, native plants. They need some volunteers to go along once a week/fortnight and help create some new features and maintain existing ones.

All help greatly appreciated – no experience necessary.

Tools and guidance supplied.

For further information contact the Nature Conservation Team on 020 8501 1426 or email Fiona here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting this out on your website - hopefully we will be inundated with offers of hlep! Just to clarify though it is a joint project, lead by volunteers, with help from Nature Conservation team and Hainault Forest Country Park staff - don't want to give the impression that we are leading - the real hard work is being done by the volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this Hainault Project great success - I only regret that I can not offer my services due to the several projects I am involved with here in darkest S/W Redbridge and points South.
    Even so it would be cool if I was informed of this project so that I could pass on the info to the many hlepers I meet with on a daily basis. I appreciate you may have lost my contact details - but you can tap into my phone number when I ring your office - although I would not like to publish it here due to the amount of calls I do and could receive from hlepers and others.
    Keep up the good work and remember that what we do in conservation has a result in the years to come. To retain interest in any project we must show that our projects work without a fuss or loss of interest in people who could become the future hlepers.
    Fondest regards to all invloved.

    ReplyDelete